Happy New Year!
One of my goals for 2023 was to lead you in worship of God through the alphabet. We got to the letter “H” and I have been working on the post for “I” off and on for weeks with a few extra posts in between.
Life is full isn’t it?!
I thought I would start 2024 with a reprise of each letter we’ve covered as I commit more time to completing more this year.
What would you call these? Worship guides? Devotionals?
As Maria, in The Sound of Music, would say, “Let’s start at the very beginning; a very good place to start!”
Our first letter of the English alphabet, of course, is "A". It corresponds with the first letter of the Greek alphabet which is "Alpha".
“I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.” Revelation 1:8
Let’s start with A and worship Him because He is:
- Above all the noise and negativity we are bombarded by today
- Above all the glory we see and seek here on earth
- Above all power fought over in our homes, community, church, world governments
- Above all created things
- Above angels
- Above the universe - the immeasurable parts we can see and the even more immense part we can’t
- Above the greatest human love we’ve ever known or even imagined
- Above everything and person of worth. Our worth comes from Him alone
- Above our imagination and and ability to comprehend
- Above all time, weather, and physical laws you put in place to keep the our solar system and earth in order
- Above all the ways we diminish Him in our minds
- Above our rejection and refusal to admit His greatness
- Above all and solely worthy of our worship
As Paul tells the church at Ephesus, “…He is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come.” Ephesians 1:21
Lord, help us not only be aware of your superiority in all things, but help us point others to it every day. Amen
If you were going to add something to the list of things He is above, what would it be? I’d love to hear from you!